Thursday, April 11, 2013

Before and Afters

Pin It
As much as I love taking photographs, what I love even more is editing that photo into something new. Sometimes the edits are small, a change of temperature; or brightening or darkening. But sometimes I take a photo and create a complete new picture, you wouldn't even recognize the picture before. So I decided to do some before and afters to show you how much fun editing can be.

I'll start out with subtle edits. Here is the before:


And here is the after:


I edited the photo to have a soft, dreamy look.


This next set has a lot more editing but the after is still fairly similar to the before.

Before:

After:

I completely changed the colors in this photo and created a kind of aged, watercolor feel to it. I like that you almost can't tell if its a photo or a painting.




The next set is very drastic editing. I'm going to start out with the after. See if you can guess what it was before. No cheating!!!


After:









And the before:

The possibilities in editing are endless. This is my version of art. I can't draw or paint but I can take a photo and create something from that. And you don't have to spend a lot of money just to play around with editing. All of these edits were made using free photo editors online. Of course, if you are doing this professionally you would probably need to lay down a few bucks for one that has all the bells and whistles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

your email address here